=== Information for upgrading between Asterisk versions
=== These files document all the changes that MUST be taken
=== into account when upgrading between the Asterisk
=== versions listed below. These changes may require that
=== you modify your configuration files, dialplan or (in
=== some cases) source code if you have your own Asterisk
=== modules or patches. These files also include advance
=== notice of any functionality that has been marked as
=== 'deprecated' and may be removed in a future release,
=== along with the suggested replacement functionality.
=== UPGRADE-1.2.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.0 to 1.2
=== UPGRADE-1.4.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.2 to 1.4
=== UPGRADE-1.6.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.4 to 1.6
=== UPGRADE-1.8.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.6 to 1.8
=== UPGRADE-10.txt -- Upgrade info for 1.8 to 10
=== UPGRADE-11.txt -- Upgrade info for 10 to 11
=== UPGRADE-12.txt -- Upgrade info for 11 to 12
=== UPGRADE-13.txt -- Upgrade info for 12 to 13
=== UPGRADE-14.txt -- Upgrade info for 13 to 14
=== UPGRADE-15.txt -- Upgrade info for 14 to 15
From 16.0.0 to 16.1.0:
- ast_bt_get_symbols() now returns a vector of strings instead of an
array of strings. This must be freed with ast_bt_free_symbols.
New in 16.0.0:
- The app_fax module is now deprecated, users should migrate to the
replacement module res_fax.
- The app_macro module is now deprecated and by default it is no longer
built. Users should migrate to app_stack (Gosub). A warning is logged
the first time any Macro is used.
- The ContactStatus and Status fields for the manager events ContactStatus
and ContactStatusDetail are now set to "NonQualified" when a contact exists
but has not been qualified.
- The ContactStatus event will no longer be sent by PJSIP when a device
refreshes its registration.
- The "Newexten" event is now part of the "dialplan" class. The documentation
for Asterisk 15 already specified this, but the implementation was actually
using the "call" class instead.
- The ContactInfo event's contact_status field is now set to "NonQualified"
when a contact exists but has not been qualified.
- MALLOC_DEBUG no longer has an effect on Asterisk's ABI. Asterisk built
with MALLOC_DEBUG can now successfully load binary modules built without
MALLOC_DEBUG and vice versa. Third-party pre-compiled modules no longer
need to have a special build with it enabled.
- Asterisk now depends on libjansson >= 2.11. If this version is not
available on your distro you can use `./configure --with-jansson-bundled`.
- Timeouts for reading digits from analog phones are now configurable in
chan_dahdi.conf: firstdigit_timeout, interdigit_timeout, matchdigit_timeout.
- The cdr_syslog module is now deprecated and by default it is no longer
- The res_config_sqlite module is now deprecated, users should migrate to the
replacement module res_config_sqlite3.
- The res_monitor module is now deprecated, users should migrate to the
replacement module app_mixmonitor.
- libedit is no longer available as an embedded library and must be provided
by the system.
- The module loader now enforces inter-module dependencies. This ensures that
a module is not started before another it depends on, even if preload is used.
If a dependency is not available or fails to startup this will block any
dependants from startup.
- Parts of the Asterisk core which can load configuration from realtime are now
built-in modules. It is no longer necessary to preload realtime drivers as
they are always initialized before the built-in modules.